The BLDE Association started this college at Basavan Bagewadi in the year 1982. The main objective of it was to serve the downtrodden, disadvantaged and rural agricultural society of Basavan Bagewadi. It is the birth place of His Holiness Shri Basaveshwara, a great social reformer and revolutionary of the 12th Century. This place is 42KM away from Bijapur, which is known for the world famous historical monument GolGumbaz.
Basaveshwar Arts & Commerce College is an aided Institution affiliated to Rani Channamma University Belagavi. It is recognized under 2(f) &12(b) of UGC. Two UG Programmes namely BA & B.Com and one COP course are available for the students. At present, there are 538 students of which 46% are girls. The disadvantaged rural students who are coming from Basavan Bagewadi and near by villages are about 98%.
- To facilitate learners to acquire knowledge of Arts and Commerce.
- To sensitize on Environment, Ecology and Heritage.
- To promote a sense of National integration.
- To facilitate career guidance and counseling.
- To make the students physically fit, mentally sound,emotionally balanced and socially admirable.